Riding through Jökuldalur Glacier Valley we encounter picture-perfect waterfalls en route to Sænautasel, a restored turf-roof farm that dates back to 1843. Here we stop to enjoy antiques from bygone times and a light meal in a remote highland area situated by a lake and nestled in heathlands.
We continue our voyage across snow-covered mountains to the deep ravines of Hafrahvammagljúfur and to bathe under a hidden gem – a naturally warm geothermal waterfall in Laugarvalladalur Valley. Ideal for taking a bath or a shower in the warm waterfall where the stream runs into the valley’s main river.
We stop at Kárahnjúkar, the biggest power plant in Europe, to take in encounter epic views of the canyon below. While on the way back to Egilsstaðir, be on the lookout for the legendary monster of Lake Lagarfljót.
February 1 – April 15
Breiðdalsvík / Egilsstaðir.
|Minimum / maximum on the tour:
2 adult or minimum rate.
Max 12 adults.
|Pick up and drop off:
At Hotels and guesthouses in the
Breiðdalsvík and Egilsstaðir area.
10 – 12 hours
- Reservation is necessary.
- If you need a pick up at another place please advise when you reserve the tour. Please note that additional costs may apply.
- If you are more then 12 adults please contact us for tour bookings.
- Due to weather and/or road conditions we might have to alter the itinerary, have longer journey time or cancellation of the tour.
- Due to the long duration of this tour, it is not recommended for children 10 years and younger.
- Child prices apply for children 12 years and younger.
- If you want to buy a lunch pack please advise when you book the tour. Additional cost will apply.
To see our terms and conditions click here.