Escape to the hauntingly beautiful landscapes of Iceland’s Eastfjords to see wild reindeer in their natural habitat. Reindeer were imported to Iceland in the 18th century and today can only be found in East Iceland. Sightings are best in winter when the herds migrate into the valleys.
Led by a local specialist guide, this 4-hour tour is a safe opportunity for a personal wilderness experience. By tracking wild reindeer, get to know the lives of these extraordinary animals which master the northern climate.
Along the way foster a connection with Icelandic nature and enjoy sweeping views of snow-streaked mountains divided by deep fjords.
October 1 – June 31
Breiðdalsvík and Egilsstaðir. Meeting point when no pick up is selected is at this address, Selnes 28, Breiðdalsvík
|Minimum on the tour:
2 adults or minimum rate.
|Pick up/ drop off:
At Hotels and guesthouses in the
Breiðdalsvík and Egilsstaðir area.
- Reservation is necessary.
- Due to weather and/or road conditions we might have to alter the itinerary, have a longer journey time, or cancellation of the tour.
- If you need a pick up at another place please advise when you reserve the tour, an additional cost might apply.
- If you are more than 12 adults, please contact us for tour bookings.
- Child prices apply for children 12 years and younger.
- If you want to buy a lunch pack, please advise when you book the tour. Additional costs will apply.
To see our terms and conditions click here.