The ethereal Northern Lights in East Iceland are undeniably one of nature’s most spectacular visual displays. Departing from the tiny town of Breiðdalsvík you travel by Super Jeep away from any light pollution to hidden corners in nature regular vehicles cannot access.
Using modern technology and equipment, the hunt is on to find the perfect, picturesque spot to experience the incredible Aurora Borealis. Northern Lights Season typically lasts between late August and mid-April. Ideal meteorological conditions include a clear sky with temperatures below zero and preferably no moon.
For those who have never experienced Aurora Borealis, the luminescent green light show, sometimes streaked with purples, pinks, and reds, has to be seen to be believed.
Daily from 1 September – 30 April.
|Minimum/maximum on the tour:
Min: 2 adult.
Max 12 adult.
At guesthouses in the Breiðdalsvík area.
09:00 pm (21:00) Or according to an agreement.
|Duration: 2,5 – 3 hours.|
- We check weather conditions every day at 19:00 to estimate the possible visibility. If the weather does not permit visibility we reserve the right to cancel the tour for a full refund or modify it into a different excursion if preferred.
- Reservation is necessary.
- Child prices apply for children 12 years and younger.
- Please note that we can not guarantee that we will see the Northern lights, they can only be seen on a clear night. We will do our very best to evaluate it each day and we will cancel the tour if it is very unlikely that we will see Northern lights.
- Due to weather and/or road conditions we might have to alter the itinerary, have longer journey time or cancellation of the tour.
If you want a private tour please contact us for more information.
To see our terms and conditions click here.